Our next #GuildChat takes place Friday, May 27 at 11AM PT/2PM ET. Our topic for this week’s chat is the New Age of Video.
Video has long been used as a tool to enhance performance. Since the early days of educational institution mailing VHS tapes of lectures to student’s at a distance to the advent of YouTube, we have been drawing on video to improve performance and increase connection with others.
Video, like most mediums is evolving and the evolution is rapidly increasing due to the infusion of video within other technologies such as REL and mobile devices. Open and free tools are allowing consumers to experiment and redefine the possibilities as well as provide insights into what works and what doesn’t with this medium.
Join us this week as we look at video uses today, how they are being leveraged formally and informally and what might the future hold for video as streaming capabilities increase and interactivity becomes more commonplace.
Prospective questions coming soon!
- What types of content do you prefer to consume through video? #GuildChat
- How is video changing the learning landscape? #GuildChat
- How are you using video in what you create to support learning? #GuildChat
- When is video potentially the wrong method for supporting performance? #GuildChat
- Have you tapped into learner generated video content? #GuildChat
- What are actual or potential learning uses for streaming services like Periscope in organizations? #GuildChat
- Is Interactive Video a game changer? Why or why not? #GuildChat
- What are we learning from other sectors (marketing, film, etc) about effective uses of video? #GuildChat
The eLearning Guild has always looked to the community to form the conversations around learning and technology. We’ve taken it a step further however and created a rotating group of voluntary #GuildChat Advisors! Each Advisor is selected for their unique perspectives and involvement in the the conversations around the learning industry. For a 6 month period they will help formulate the topics and questions for our weekly chat. Have an idea for #GuildChat? Reach out to @britz or any of the current advisors!