Our next #GuildChat takes place Friday, May 13 at 11AM PT/2PM ET. Our topic for this week’s chat is on building your Personal Learning Network.
The Internet has changed everything from how we work to where and when we work. Additionally, the volumes of information that can be discovered increase exponentially. But its the ability of the Internet to bring people closer together that enables us to make sense of the information when we want and where we want.
In this GuildChat we will explore Personal Learning Networks (PLN). From how and why you should build one and how it is different than other networks in your life. Join us this Friday to engage with you peers just beginning this journey to those who’ve been experiencing the benefits for quite some time.
- How has your PLN helped you grow?
- We know you use Twitter. What OTHER tools do you use to grow your network?
- How is building a PLN through social channels similar to building it in-person?
- What’s different about building a PLN through social channels versus in-person?
- If social media wasn’t an option, how would you grow your network?
- How do you maintain relationships after first establishing connections?
- What is the relationship between PLN’s and Personal Knowledge Management?
- What is one tip you’d give another on starting the process of building a PLN?
The eLearning Guild has always looked to the community to form the conversations around learning and technology. We’ve taken it a step further however and created a rotating group of voluntary #GuildChat Advisors! Each Advisor is selected for their unique perspectives and involvement in the the conversations around the learning industry. For a 6 month period they will help formulate the topics and questions for our weekly chat. Have an idea for #GuildChat? Reach out to @britz or any of the current advisors!