Our next #GuildChat takes place Friday, April 8 at 11am PT / 2pm ET. Our topic for this week’s chat is Readdress the LMS.
Learning Management Systems (LMS) are a mainstay for many organizations yet today are under increased scrutiny as organizational learning is extending beyond the course. In response, many vendors are modifying their platforms to meet increased demands to support social learning and alternative distribution and tracking.
In this week’s #GuildChat we open up a conversation about LMS’s, how they are used, where and the potential value. Additionally, we will explore alternative approaches to meet the formal needs of organizations. Join us as the community takes a look at the evolving opinions around the evolving LMS in organizational learning.
- What are the greatest benefits of the LMS in organizations?
- What are the greatest drawbacks of the LMS?
- What do you wish the LMS could do better or differently?
- Why do LMSs continue to play a huge role in organizations? Do you see this changing?
- Do some organizations require an LMS? Explain?
- If you were starting a learning function today, would you secure an LMS? Why or why not?
- If you could replace an LMS which technology would you swap it for?
- LMSs continue to evolve. What do you see as future capabilities of the LMS?
The eLearning Guild has always looked to the community to form the conversations around learning and technology. We’ve taken it a step further however and created a rotating group of voluntary #GuildChat Advisors! Each Advisor is selected for their unique perspectives and involvement in the the conversations around the learning industry. For a 6 month period they will help formulate the topics and questions for our weekly chat. Have an idea for #GuildChat? Reach out to @britz or any of the current advisors!