Technology has been enabling people to extend their reach since the advent of the printing press and later the telegraph and telephone. Technology can take our current practices, for better or worse, across time and space. One such age old practice is coaching, the skill to directly help people achieve specific goals. These goals can be technical, financial, physical, health or leadership and other soft skills.
To be truly effective in virtual delivery and receiving of coaching we must consider the impact of the medium on these practices. In this week’s GuildChat we take a look at virtual coaching, when it works, what makes it work and how we leverage technology best to bring out the best in people.
- How is being coached virtually similar or different than face to face? #GuildChat
- Are expectations of a virtual coach different than a physical coach? Why or why not? #GuildChat
- What are the strengths of virtual coaching?
- What are the weaknesses of virtual coaching? #GuildChat
- What are some ways to mitigate the risks to success in virtual coaching?
- What tools have you seen supporting virtual coaching? #GuildChat
- Besides tool knowledge, what other skills might a virtual coach need? #GuildChat