Our next #GuildChat takes place Friday February 13th at 11am PT / 2pm ET. The topic for this chat is Wearable Technology for Learning.
Wearable technologies are expected to explode onto the consumer market this year, with an expected $7.1 Billion market value for the devices in 2015. Many analysts expect wearables to be the next big technology shift, changing our lives much the way smart phones have.
But what are wearable technologies exactly? And most importantly, what are the possibilities this game-changing technology open up for learning and performance support?
In this week’s #GuildChat we explore the world of wearable technology, including what they are, the opportunities and challenges they present, and the possibilities that they open up for learning.
Here are the questions currently scheduled to be posed during the chat.
- How do you define “wearable technology”? What characteristics would you expect from a wearable device?
- Are there any examples of wearable technology that you have heard about that excite you? If so, what are they?
- What questions would you ask before you purchase a wearable technology device for yourself?
- What examples of wearable technology have you already seen “in the wild”? What were your impressions?
- What possibilities do you see for learning via wearable technology?
- What obstacles do you foresee encountering when you think about using wearable technology for organizational learning?
- Prediction time: It’s 2018, Wearable Tech is a mainstream $50 billion dollar industry. Now… How has learning changed?