Our next #GuildChat takes place Friday January 9th 11am PT / 2pm ET. The topic for this chat is Exploring the Learning & Performance Ecosystem.
Traditional training strategy is rapidly falling behind the changing face of the workplace. Workers learn and receive support in the work in a growing multitude of ways that go well beyond the traditional scope of training. In this week’s #GuildChat we discuss this expanded scope and explore the full spectrum of the learning and performance ecosystem, and how it is shaping the future of organizational L&D strategy.
Here are the questions currently scheduled to be posed during the chat.
- Are today’s learning and performance strategies effective? Why or why not?
- What are some enablers of learning and performance that have nothing to do with traditional training?
- What are some barriers workers encounter that can inhibit learning and performance?
- Courses have their place; what are some other ways we can make content available to the workforce?
- How can focusing more or our attention on people make our strategies more effective?
- What kinds of tools and technologies do workers use to learn and receive support in their work?
- If traditional strategies focus on training, how would you describe the expanded focus of an ecosystem-based strategy?
Interested in further exploring the Learning and Performance Ecosystem and the strategies that support it? Check out some of the additional resources below, and consider joining us at Ecosystem 2015, the event where forward-thinking learning and performance leaders can engage in discussions that explore this expanded approach to strategy.