Our next #GuildChat takes place Friday January 30th at 11am PT / 2pm ET. The topic for this chat is Virtual Classrooms and Virtual Training.
Virtual Classrooms are an excellent way to use technology to enhance and extend the reach of learning and performance improvement efforts. They are widely used for a number of training purposes, and when used effectively, can greatly enhance an organization’s learning and performance strategy.
In this week’s #GuildChat we explore the world of the virtual classroom, including it’s advantages, disadvantages, and opportunities.
Here are the questions currently scheduled to be posed during the chat.
- What comes to mind when you think about virtual classrooms?
- What are the advantages to adding the use of virtual classrooms to an organizational learning and performance strategy?
- What are some things to consider when designing virtual learning programs?
- What are some of the ways you use or have seen others use to engage participants while in a virtual classroom?
- What’s different about facilitating in a virtual classroom as compared to facilitating in-person?
- What are the barriers to success? What causes a virtual classroom program to fail?
- If you were going to give one piece of advice to someone just getting started with virtual classrooms, what would it be?
See Virtual Classrooms in Action
Each month the eLearning Guild conducts a number of online events using virtual classroom tools. Not only do these events explore interesting topics to enhance your learning and professional development, but they are also an excellent example of virtual classrooms in practice to learn from.
Our next online forum, which consists of ten different sessions over 2 days, takes place January 28 & 29, and explores proven ideas and new approaches for designing learning for engagement. You can check out all of the Guild’s online events here.