Our next #GuildChat takes place Friday January 16th 11am PT / 2pm ET. The topic for this chat is Technology in the Classroom.
Despite all of the technology-based training and performance support solutions that have been introduced in the past few decades, traditional classroom training is still widely in use in the majority of organizations. Too often classroom training is looked at as “old-school”. Technology is redefining classroom-based training, revitalizing what is often seen as a stale, dated method of training.
In this week’s #GuildChat we explore the current state of classroom training and how the use of technology can enhance (or detract) from the effectiveness of classroom training.
Here are the questions currently scheduled to be posed during the chat.
- How do you see technology being used in classrooms today?
- Do you see technology as something that enables learning in a classroom or distracts from it? Why?
- How can social media applications enhance and or distract classroom efforts?
- How can mobile technology enhance or detract from classroom efforts?
- What are the barriers to using technology more effectively in classroom training?
- What technologies excite you by the opportunities they present for classroom learning?
- Does the use of technology in a classroom change the role of the teacher or trainer? Why or why not?
Interested in further exploring how technology can be used to enhance classroom training efforts? Join us at the Learning Solutions Conference and Expo this March where we’ll be placing a special focus on this topic with our Technology in the Classroom program.