Our next #GuildChat takes place Friday February 6th at 11am PT / 2pm ET. The topic for this chat is MOOCs for Corporate and Academic Learning.
MOOCs, or Massively Open Online Courses, are a model for delivering learning content online via a course, without the constraints of scale. MOOCs are a very popular topic in both academic and corporate learning environments. The MOOC conversation is still evolving in both academic and corporate environments and what works, doesn’t work, and what value they provide is still taking shape.
In this week’s #GuildChat we explore the world of MOOCs, including how they work, as well as their advantages, disadvantages, and opportunities.
Here are the questions currently scheduled to be posed during the chat.
- Have you ever participated in a MOOC? What was your experience?
- What do you feel the advantages of MOOCs as a learning model are?
- What do you see as some of the limitations or barriers presented by the MOOC model?
- What types of management or moderation do MOOCs require (if any)?
- How important is the “Massive” part of the MOOC equation? Is there a size that is too small (or too big)?
- Is accreditation needed for MOOCs? Why or why not? What form could accreditation take?
- Completion rates for MOOCs are generally very low. Why do you think that is?