Due to the Thanksgiving Holiday in the United States, we’re pushing our next #GuildChat back to Monday December 1st at 11am PT / 2pm ET. The topic for this chat is Community-Based Learning.
When we ask people why they value eLearning Guild events and resources, one word always rises to the top of the list: Community. We are a community-based organization that believes we are better together than we are alone.
In this week’s GuildChat, we’ll explore the many faces of community-based learning.
Here are the questions currently scheduled to be posed during the chat.
- How would you define community-based learning?
- What are some of the characteristics of a strong learning community?
- How can an organization foster and support community-based learning?
- What sorts of things can create barriers to community-based learning?
- Are there any risks associated with community-based learning? If so, what are they?
- Do learning communities need to be managed and/or controlled? Why or Why Not?
- How can you evaluate if a specific learning community is right for you?
- If you could give one piece of advice regarding Community-Based Learning, what would it be?
If you’re interested in learning more about the eLearning Guild Community, and how you can join the community as a member, please visit the membership page of our website.