Join us for #GuildChat Friday October 17th at 11am PT / 2pm ET. The chat topic for this week is Enhancing Your eLearning Design and Development Skills.
There are many different paths that elearning designers and developers take in their profession. There are even more paths that professionals take in continuing to develop their skills year after year. In this week’s GuildChat, we explore the differences between design and development, the ways professionals develop their elearning skill sets, and the skills we need to develop to support the workforce of tomorrow.
Here are the questions currently scheduled to be posed during the chat:
- Are you an eLearning Designer, Developer, or Both? What path did you take to get to where you are?
- When you first started working as an elearning designer and/or developer, what were the first things you needed to learn?
- Building effective eLearning takes more than just design and development; what other skills are needed to be successful?
- What challenges do you encounter when it comes to developing your own skill set? What gets in the way?
- How do you develop your existing skill set? What resources do you count on to “sharpen the saw”?
- How do you keep your skill set current? What resources do you take advantage of to stay on top of the current trends in the industry?
- What skills do eLearning designers and developers need to develop to support the workforce of the future?
Interested in learning more about eLearning Design and Development? Here are some resources to take advantage of:
- 58 Tips for Breakthrough eLearning Instructional Design (free ebook)
- Get Small: Reframe eLearning Design by Michael Boyette
- Toolkit: eLearning Tools—Passion, Frustration, Joy, and Sadness by Joe Ganci
- 61 Tips for Making Learning Memorable with Graphics and Visual Design (free ebook)
- Nuts and Bolts: Instructional Design for the Real World by Jane Bozarth
- Top Tips for Producing Better eLearning Audio by Jennifer De Vries & Stephen Haskin
- Reconciling ADDIE and Agile by Megan Torrance
If you’re interested in taking a deep dive into the world of elearning design and development. consider joining us for the DevLearn Conference and Expo in October. We’ll be exploring everything you need to enhance your current elearning design and development skills, as well as what you need to do to get ready for the workplace of tomorrow.